We are currently calling out for expressions of interest for the Melbourne Glassworks Associate Program.
As part of the Melbourne Glassworks goal to educate, support and train glass artists, Melbourne Glassworks is now offering an Associate program aimed at glassmakers who wish to improve their technical skills, business practises and increase their creative profile.
The trainee program is of 1 year duration and during that time the applicant will:
- Assist in the production of glasswork for established artists and designers
- Design and produce glass work for custom jobs
- Teach one-on-one and group glassblowing classes
- Develop new products for sale in the Melbourne Glassworks showroom and website
- Work towards an end of year exhibition at the Melbourne Glassworks showroom
Melbourne Glassworks trainees will receive a weekly wage of $600 plus 2 x 4 hour sessions of hot glass studio access to create their own artwork and products.
Applicants must have tertiary level study with a major in hot glass or minimum 2 years practical experience in glassblowing.
Only two positions are currently vacant, so please submit your application by Monday 29th of February.
Email application to email@example.com
or post to: Mark Douglass, Trainee Application, 240 Burnley St, Richmond, 3121.